Widow mourns loss of fallen Utah officer
Despite the loss of her husband, Sgt. Cory Wride, Nanette Wride has already been out comforting others
By Devon Dolan
BENJAMIN, Utah — Despite the loss of her husband, Sgt. Cory Wride, who was shot and killed Thursday by a motorist he was trying to help, Nanette Wride has already been out comforting others.
On Friday, Nannette Wride visited the other officer who was shot, deputy Greg Sherwood, in the hospital; and she's reached out to the family of the man who police say pulled the trigger on her husband.
But three days after Cory Wride's death, Nanette Wride doesn't feel so strong. She described herself Sunday as a puzzle, in a million different pieces, but with friends and family holding them all together.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms