Community says final goodbye to fallen Utah deputy
Family members, friends, co-workers, fellow law enforcers and a community said goodbye Wednesday to Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Cory Wride
By Pat Reavy
OREM, Utah — Wednesday was all about remembering a fallen deputy.
"We want to make sure that this day is Cory's day of remembrance, that we bring sufficient honor to him and his sacrifice and pay tribute to the man that he was — both in his professional life as a deputy and in his personal life as the example that he was," Utah County Sheriff Jim Tracy said.
Family members, friends, co-workers, fellow law enforcers and a community said goodbye Wednesday to Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Cory Wride, a man who lived his life to provide service to others — and ultimately protected his community by making the ultimate sacrifice.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help