Video: Wis. officer narrowly avoids out-of-control truck
While the officer was standing in the road at the crash scene, he saw a pickup that was sliding on the ice coming at him
By Daily Tribune Media
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. — After a police officer had a close call at the scene of a crash Saturday morning, department officials decided to use a squad car video as a reminder to other drivers.
Just before 6:30 a.m. Saturday, a Wisconsin Rapids Police officer responded to a report of a car that had gone out of control on a curve in the 2000 block of Second Avenue South, Wisconsin Rapids Police Lt. Brian Krzykowski said.
While the officer was standing in the road at the crash scene, he saw a pickup that was sliding on the ice coming at him, Krzykowski said. The officer was able to scramble over a snowbank to get out of the pickup’s path. He was not injured.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help