Video: Wis. officer narrowly avoids out-of-control truck
While the officer was standing in the road at the crash scene, he saw a pickup that was sliding on the ice coming at him
By Daily Tribune Media
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. — After a police officer had a close call at the scene of a crash Saturday morning, department officials decided to use a squad car video as a reminder to other drivers.
Just before 6:30 a.m. Saturday, a Wisconsin Rapids Police officer responded to a report of a car that had gone out of control on a curve in the 2000 block of Second Avenue South, Wisconsin Rapids Police Lt. Brian Krzykowski said.
While the officer was standing in the road at the crash scene, he saw a pickup that was sliding on the ice coming at him, Krzykowski said. The officer was able to scramble over a snowbank to get out of the pickup’s path. He was not injured.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend