Driver charged for attacking Mass. trooper on roadside
Nassive Palmer, 30, became combative after an officer saw the man had outstanding warrants and tried arresting him
By PoliceOne Staff
BOSTON — A driver was arrested and charged with attacking a Massachusetts State Trooper after a minor accident on Interstate 93 Friday morning.
Nassive Palmer, 30, of Woburn, had pulled over in the breakdown lane on 93 South in Medford around 7:30 a.m. after his Dodge Caravan allegedly rear-ended an Audi.
Palmer allegedly became combative and tried to pull and push himself away when Falco tried to handcuff him.
Palmer “subsequently began flailing his arms and striking the trooper with his elbows. While continuing to resist, the suspect caused himself and the trooper to fall onto the hood of the suspect’s van and then onto a guardrail.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter