Ark. officer killed in crash
An Arkansas officer was killed Monday in a three-vehicle collision
Duty Death: Pete Richardson - [Arkansas]
End of Service: 03/17/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
LEWISVILLE, Ark. — An Arkansas officer was killed Monday in a three-vehicle collision.
According to the Texarkana Gazette, Chief Deputy Sheriff Pete Richardson was traveling in an SUV patrol vehicle with a passenger when the collision occurred. Richardson was driving westbound when he collided with another vehicle. Both vehicles then hit a tractor-trailor rig.
Richardson was pronounced dead at the scene. Richardson’s passenger and both drivers of the other vehicles involved have been transported to the hospital.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter