Texas deputy stabbed 3 times, critical
San Antonio police responded to an altercation around 3 a.m. Sunday morning
By Leezia Dhalla
San Antonio Express-News
BEXAR COUNTY, Texas — A Bexar County Sheriff's Deputy is in critical condition after an overnight stabbing.
Media is reporting that San Antonio police responded to an altercation at the 1200 block of Division around 3 a.m. Sunday morning. The sheriff was found with three stab wounds and was transported to San Antonio Military Medical Center in critical condition, according to the reports.
Paul Berry, public information officer for the Bexar County Sheriff's Office, told KSAT he could not confirm if the sheriff was on duty or off-duty at the time of the stabbing.
Berry declined to release the name of the sheriff. He said SAPD is investigating.
Copyright 2014 the San Antonio Express-News
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police