Ala. cop shot in face, suspect killed
The officer is expected to be okay, the suspect who opened fire was killed
By PoliceOne Staff
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — A Hunstville police officer was struck in the face by a gunshot blast during a standoff early Friday morning.
According to WAFF, officers were responding to a domestic disturbance call when a male suspect opened fire, striking one of the officers.
Police returned fire, killing the suspect, who has not been identified.
Authorities said the wounded officer was taken to Huntsville Hospital and his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help