Critically injured NJ cop extricated from squad after crash with drunk
The driver who hit the police SUV ran from the crash and was caught by Lodi police a short time later
By Noah Cohen
LODI, N.J. — A Bergen County police officer was in critical condition after a crash with a suspected drunk driver on Route 46 early Saturday, authorities said.
Officer Daniel Breslin was extricated from his wrecked patrol vehicle and rushed to Hackensack University Medical Center with serious injuries, according to Capt. James Mullin of the Bergen County Police Department.
The driver who hit the police SUV ran from the crash and was caught by Lodi police a short time later, Mullin said in email. Charges were pending.
Bergen County Prosecutor John L. Molinelli said authorities believed the motorist was driving drunk.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house