Video: Armed NM man killed in police standoff
Police were involved in the fatal March 25 shooting after a 40-minute standoff in which the armed suspect held a gun to his head
By PoliceOne Staff
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The Albuquerque Police Department released body camera footage Friday capturing the fatal March 25 shooting of an armed suspect.
According to the Albuquerque Journal, police were involved in the fatal shooting with 30-year-old Alfred Redwine after a 40-minute standoff in which the armed suspect held a gun to his head.
KRQE reported that the incident began after police received a call that the suspect had threatened two teens with a gun.
Redwine had previously posted photos of weapons to his Facebook page, referring to hollow point bullets as “cop rounds” that he “can’t wait to use” in one post, according to the Albuquerque Journal.
Four officers were placed on leave following the incident, which is standard during an investigation of an officer-involved shooting. The Albuquerque Police Department has identified Officer James Eichel as the officer who fired the fatal round at the suspect.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform