Colo. trooper shot, suspect killed
A state trooper was shot and a suspect was killed after the trooper stopped to help a motorist Thursday
By PoliceOne Staff
DOTSERO, Colo. — A state trooper was shot and a suspect was killed after the trooper stopped to help a motorist Thursday.
According to the Colorado Springs Gazette, the trooper had stopped his vehicle to assist a motorist on 1-70.
As the trooper appoached the driver-side window, the suspect opened fire, striking the officer, the Denver Channel reported. A second trooper returned fire and killed the suspect.
The trooper was transported to the hospital with heavy blood loss and has been released from surgery.
It is not clear why the suspect's vehicle was stopped, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help