Colo. trooper shot, suspect killed
A state trooper was shot and a suspect was killed after the trooper stopped to help a motorist Thursday
By PoliceOne Staff
DOTSERO, Colo. — A state trooper was shot and a suspect was killed after the trooper stopped to help a motorist Thursday.
According to the Colorado Springs Gazette, the trooper had stopped his vehicle to assist a motorist on 1-70.
As the trooper appoached the driver-side window, the suspect opened fire, striking the officer, the Denver Channel reported. A second trooper returned fire and killed the suspect.
The trooper was transported to the hospital with heavy blood loss and has been released from surgery.
It is not clear why the suspect's vehicle was stopped, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend