Video: Texas officer jumps off bridge to avoid cruiser
Officer who was forced to jump off a bridge as his patrol car came barreling toward him
By PoliceOne Staff
MISSOURI CITY, Texas — Dash cam video has been released of an officer who was forced to jump off a bridge as his patrol car came barreling toward him.
KHOU reports the Officer Kenneth Lewis and his partner had made a traffic stop Friday when the incident occurred.
As the officers were speaking to the driver about the traffic stop, Officer Lewis noticed his patrol vehicle moving forward.
CBS News reports 46-year-old Christie Biggers, who was driving drunk, rammed her vehicle into the officers’ cruiser, forcing it forward.
Officer Lewis had no choice but to fall 30 feet off of the bridge onto the rocks below.
Lewis suffered a ruptured aorta. He is currently stable and in recovery.
Biggers has been charged with intoxication assault, according to the report.
The other officer was unharmed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend