Singer Ray J arrested after spitting at cop, kicking patrol car
Officers came to the hotel Friday evening to investigate a report that the 33-year-old singer had inappropriately touched a woman at the bar
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — Police arrested singer Ray J at a Beverly Hills hotel after they say he became belligerent with staff, kicked out a patrol car window and spit at an officer.
A statement from the Beverly Hills Police Department says officers came to the hotel Friday evening to investigate a report that the 33-year-old singer had inappropriately touched a woman at the bar.
Officers found the contact was incidental, and the singer agreed to leave.
But police say Ray J, whose legal name is William Ray Norwood, then refused to leave, became unruly and used his feet to shatter a patrol car window after being taken into custody.
A representative for Ray J declined to comment about the arrest.
The charges include vandalism, resisting arrest and battery on a police officer.
Ray J is the brother of singer-actress Brandy Norwood.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help