Nev. officer shot, suspect killed
Officer was shot in an exchange of gunfire early Wednesday
By PoliceOne Staff
HENDERSON, Nev. — An officer with the Henderson Police Department was shot in an exchange of gunfire early Wednesday.
KTNV reports police were responding to a call of shots fired in a neighborhood when the incident occurred.
The suspect emerged from a house in the neighborhood and opened fire, according to the report
Police returned fire and hit the suspect, killing him. The officer was transported to a local hospital for treatment to a wound in the hip area.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that it is unclear whether the officer was shot or struck by shrapnel.
The officer is currently listed in good condition.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help