Nev. officer shot, suspect killed
Officer was shot in an exchange of gunfire early Wednesday
By PoliceOne Staff
HENDERSON, Nev. — An officer with the Henderson Police Department was shot in an exchange of gunfire early Wednesday.
KTNV reports police were responding to a call of shots fired in a neighborhood when the incident occurred.
The suspect emerged from a house in the neighborhood and opened fire, according to the report
Police returned fire and hit the suspect, killing him. The officer was transported to a local hospital for treatment to a wound in the hip area.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that it is unclear whether the officer was shot or struck by shrapnel.
The officer is currently listed in good condition.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds