NY firefighter assaults cop, others in bar rampage
An NYC firefighter was arrested Sunday after multiple attacks that began inside a hotel bar
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK CITY — An NYC firefighter was arrested Sunday after multiple attacks that began inside a hotel bar.
According to the New York Post, 33-year-old Richard Avecedo was kicked out of a rooftop bar and got in an argument with a security guard, striking him.
When police arrived, Avecedo refused to cooperate and resisted arrest — kicking an officer in the leg after he was handcuffed.
The off-duty firefighter was transported to the hospital for injuries sustained in the scuffle, where he then threatened staff.
The officer was also treated at the hospital and released, NBC New York reported.
Avecedo has been charged with assault, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help