Video: Drunk driver slams into cruiser at intersection
As an officer waited at a red light, a car careened through the intersection — slamming into two vehicles before striking the cruiser
By PoliceOne Staff
MONTGOMERY TWP., Pa. — Police have released dash cam footage of a DUI suspect violently crashing into a police cruiser and other vehicles.
According to the Reporter, Montgomery Township officers responded to reports of a vehicle collision and entrapment at an intersection.
As an officer waited at a red light, a car careened through the intersection – slamming into two vehicles before striking the cruiser.
Another vehicle was also struck off-camera, according to the report.
There was a single, minor injury from the accident.
The driver of the vehicle was charged with DUI.
According to CBS Philadelphia, the driver showed little remorse for the incident, reportedly telling police he didn’t understand why those involved were upset over the crash.
“This could have been catastrophic. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured,” Police Chief Scott Bendig told CBS Philadelphia.
The department released the video to reinforce the dangers of drunk driving, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman