Video: Fla. woman chokes officer at station after arrest
The woman came up behind the officer, using her cuffs to choke her
By Andrew Ford
PALM BAY, Fla. — A woman says she was high on crystal meth and not trying to escape a recent arrest when she choked a Palm Bay, Fla., police officer inside a booking room, police said.
Police documents show suspect Jeannie Yvonne Poff, 42, slipped out of her handcuffs, got behind an officer and attacked her with the handcuffs, pulling her to the ground at the Palm Bay Police Department.
While she was waiting to get booked, she had approached from behind Officer Victoria Rodriguez, and at that time, Officer Rodriguez told her pretty much to back off," Yvonne Martinez with Palm Bay police told WFTV.
Full Story: Video: Woman chokes police officer after arrest
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- PD removes 'Blue Lives Matter,' Punisher car decals after criticism
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Report: Hiring standards may be lowered to meet Border Patrol staffing goal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber