Video: Fla. woman chokes officer at station after arrest
The woman came up behind the officer, using her cuffs to choke her
By Andrew Ford
PALM BAY, Fla. — A woman says she was high on crystal meth and not trying to escape a recent arrest when she choked a Palm Bay, Fla., police officer inside a booking room, police said.
Police documents show suspect Jeannie Yvonne Poff, 42, slipped out of her handcuffs, got behind an officer and attacked her with the handcuffs, pulling her to the ground at the Palm Bay Police Department.
While she was waiting to get booked, she had approached from behind Officer Victoria Rodriguez, and at that time, Officer Rodriguez told her pretty much to back off," Yvonne Martinez with Palm Bay police told WFTV.
Full Story: Video: Woman chokes police officer after arrest
- Women Officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend