LAPD searching for shotgun that fell off cop's motorcycle
The gun locking mechanism broke and the gun fell off
By Ryan Parker
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — LAPD is searching for a shotgun that fell off a police motorcycle Thursday.
Police have shutdown the immediate area of South Vermont Avenue and West Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard as officers search for the shotgun, police said.
The gun locking mechanism broke and the gun fell off, police said.
As of 7:50 p.m., the gun had not been located, police said.
It is unclear if the shotgun was loaded.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Copyright 2014 the Los Angeles Times
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house