LAPD searching for shotgun that fell off cop's motorcycle
The gun locking mechanism broke and the gun fell off
By Ryan Parker
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — LAPD is searching for a shotgun that fell off a police motorcycle Thursday.
Police have shutdown the immediate area of South Vermont Avenue and West Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard as officers search for the shotgun, police said.
The gun locking mechanism broke and the gun fell off, police said.
As of 7:50 p.m., the gun had not been located, police said.
It is unclear if the shotgun was loaded.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Copyright 2014 the Los Angeles Times
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help