Podcast Quick Clip: 4 tactical tips for conducting safe traffic stops
Conducting a traffic stop entails a good amount of forethought
In this quick clip, Jim Dudley and Doug Wyllie offer some safety reminders for traffic stops. Officers have to be tactical about the location of the stop, and calling in the stop to dispatch. Does the situation call for a passenger-side approach? What’s happening with the tail lights? The right turn signal still blinking could be an indicator that the driver is thinking so hard about what he’s going to do next that he forgot to turn it off. The brake lights remaining on may indicate the driver is going to slam it into drive and take off.
Listen to these considerations and more, and be sure to stay tuned for the full episode of the Policing Matters podcast on Friday.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy