Protecting your night vision
A sudden blast of bright light after a period of time in a low-light setting - like the interior of your patrol unit - can negatively impact your night vision. If your interior dome light floods the cab with bright, white light think about muting the illumination. Creative ways to do that include replacing the unshaded cover with a red or amber one, replacing your white bulb with a tinted one, painting the interior of your existing cover with heat-resistant paint or covering the dome with heat-resistant colored tape.
- Police Training
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman