Safe flashlight usage in traffic control
This is especially important during DUI checkpoint work or high volume traffic control situations like college and pro ballgames where drivers may be impaired. That impairment can increase recovery time from the bright light and overall perception/reaction time.
You should always use a flashlight cone when available and constantly move the light, giving direction in clear, predictable movements.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help