Never let your guard down
On a domestic disturbance recently... After calming the situation and detaining the aggressor, I looked up to see the complainant coming toward me and a fellow officer at a fast pace. I asked her a question and when I did she showed her hand from behind her back and was holding a razor knife. Luckily, she dropped the knife when I drew and ordered to drop the knife. She was within ten feet of me by that time.
Needless to say it was an eye opener. Never let your guard down!
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds