Never let your guard down
On a domestic disturbance recently... After calming the situation and detaining the aggressor, I looked up to see the complainant coming toward me and a fellow officer at a fast pace. I asked her a question and when I did she showed her hand from behind her back and was holding a razor knife. Luckily, she dropped the knife when I drew and ordered to drop the knife. She was within ten feet of me by that time.
Needless to say it was an eye opener. Never let your guard down!
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court