Video is focus of planted-evidence claim
Dash cam video was filmed two years ago during the arrest of a man who pleaded guilty to cocaine possession but now claims the drugs were planted
By Daniel Borunda
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — A dash-cam video that will be used in a court case supposedly shows El Paso police officers planting a baggie of cocaine during a traffic stop.
The controversial patrol-car video was filmed two years ago during the arrest of Ernesto Adrian Burciaga, who pleaded guilty to a cocaine possession charge and now claims that the drugs were planted by police.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Video is focus of planted-evidence claim
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help