Dash cam video shows Ohio train slam into car
Officers were able to clear everyone from the tracks, but the car was not so fortunate
LOUISVILLE, Ohio — A train slammed into a car stuck on the tracks in Ohio. Police say alcohol, along with a wrong turn, led to the accident. Police in Louisville, near Canton, say on the night of July 13, officers arrested 25-year-old Antonio Tillison and charged him with driving while intoxicated.
Police chief Andrew Turowski says, "They allowed him to call for a ride to pick him up here at the police department. The person that he called apparently wasn't familiar with Louisville, had driven into the city, and when he reached the railroad tracks on West Main Street, mistook those for a roadway."
"Hey, there's a train coming," someone can be heard yelling in the police dash cam. "There's a train coming. Hey, hey, there's a train coming!" Officers were able to clear everyone from the tracks, but the car was not so fortunate.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house