Video: Mo. troopers pursue driver with stuck gas pedal
A woman's Kia Sorento got stuck at 100 percent throttle with troopers in pursuit
Kansas City Star
BETHANY, Mo. — A 47-year-old Iowa woman walked away uninjured after her SUV's accelerator became stuck on Interstate 35 in Missouri and took her on a high-speed ride with highway troopers in pursuit.
Missouri State Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Sheldon Lyon says the woman's 2011 Kia Sorento hit speeds in excess of 110 mph Sunday after getting stuck at 100 percent throttle.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court