Video: Utah cop saves driver, kid in runaway car
Deputy "could see that the driver was unconscious"
Deseret Morning News
FARMINGTON, Utah — Davis County sheriff's deputy Matt Boucher has responded to some strange situations during his 8 ½ years with the agency, but few of them rival his recent encounter with an unconscious driver on I-15.
On Aug. 26, Boucher was running radar on Legacy Highway when dispatchers put out an attempt-to-locate for a reckless driver on I-15. Other motorists had called in to report that a Mazda sedan was weaving in and out of traffic after slamming into a concrete Jersey barrier.
The callers also reported that there as a child in the car. Boucher made the quick drive to I-15 and spotted the car rolling down the road at about 4 mph.
"I could see that the driver was unconscious," the deputy said. "He was slumped over in the driver's seat, and you could see a car seat in the back with a little girl in it.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Video: Utah cop saves driver, kid in runaway car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy