Minn. officers shown in 'kick' video return to work
Having the officers back to work benefits the police department and the city, said president of the Police Federation
By Mara H. Gottfried
St. Paul Pioneer Press
ST. PAUL, Minn. — Two St. Paul police officers who had been on paid leave are back at work, but not on patrol, as an internal affairs investigation continues into an arrest captured on video that shows one officer kicking a man.
Police Chief Thomas Smith put officer Jesse Zilge on administrative leave Aug. 29, the day the video was posted to YouTube. He took the same action against officer Matthew Gorans two days later, when additional, undisclosed information surfaced.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Use of Force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman