Video: Tenn. officer's rap song scrutinized
Officer Candyance Davis goes by the rapper name Quolove
By PoliceOne Staff
MEMPHIS — An officer is under investigation for posting a rap video on YouTube that might be interpreted as promoting a violent lifestyle.
Officer Candyance Davis, who goes by the rapper name Quolove, is seen in a video called "Gimme Me" tossing money and saying, ‘If they don’t give me my money, I’ll (expletive) them up.”
Davis has worked for the Memphis Police Department since 2003 and is assigned to the Mount Moriah Precinct, according to WREG. Some citizens who saw the video said they found it alarming.
"As a police lady, she wants people to look up to her to not be afraid of her," Drexel Milton said. "Especially when they make a call to know somebody is coming to their house with integrity."
Family members said it's possible to reconcile police work with rapping.
"When she go to work, she is respectable," Davis' brother told the station. "She does her job and she does it well."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman