Lt. in Philly punch video to be dismissed
Commissioner issues 'direct action' dismissal, charges dropped against woman struck in video
By Allison Steele
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Philadelphia Police Lt. Jonathan Josey, who punched a woman in the face in a video that drew national attention this week, will be fired, Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey said Wednesday.
Ramsey issued a direct-action dismissal, an immediate step the commissioner can take if he believes an officer has violated departmental policies or the law.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Lt. in Philly punch video to be dismissed
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman