Video: Texas cops make PSA for distracted drivers
Police admit it’s easy to be distracted while driving, and those distractions cause many traffic accidents police respond to every day
By PoliceOne Staff
FORT WORTH, Texas — Fort Worth Police Department has produced a PSA warning civilians and officers to keep their eyes on the road when driving.
FWPD admits it’s easy to be distracted while driving, and those distractions cause many of the traffic accidents police respond to every day, according to Star Telegram.
"There are many distractions police officers are faced with every time they get behind the wheel. Our goal is to greatly reduce those distractions which in turn will reduce accidents and the risks associated with driving distracted,” according to a department spokesperson.
The video shows two cops talking, eating, using the computer, and using a speed measurement device, all while driving. It is intentionally exaggerated to illustrate the dangers of multi-tasking while driving.
The video was filmed on location on a closed track within the police training facility.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help