Video: Attempted murder suspect blames cop for being in road
Suspect told judge that the cop was the 'idiot that ran in front of the truck'
By PoliceOne Staff
SAN JUAN, Texas — A man charged with attempted capital murder claims it's the officer’s fault for being in front of a speeding truck during a pursuit.
Omar Garcia told a San Juan judge Wednesday that the cop was the “idiot that ran in front of the truck.”
The officer had been in the road laying spikes to slow the vehicle when he was struck. Another officer’s dash cam shows the truck — driven by accomplice Lori Casiano — veer quickly toward the shoulder as the officer runs to avoid it.
“Their intent was to inflict seriously bodily injury to include possibly killing the officer,” San Juan Police Chief Juan Gonzalez told Valley Central.
Garcia and Casiano’s bonds are each set at $500,000.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms