LAPD TASER incident has chief seeking to fire 4
The officers reported the woman kicked one officer so hard he lost balance, prompting his reaction
LOS ANGELES — Police Chief Charlie Beck is seeking the dismissal of four officers seen laughing on video after one of them used a Taser on a handcuffed woman.
The officers were suspended until August after the December 2010 incident, in which officer Jorge Santander can be seen on video using a Taser twice — without warning — against the torso of a restrained woman who resisted getting into his patrol car after arrest, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: LAPD TASER incident has chief seeking to fire 4
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house