Video: Fla. man jailed after police pursuit wreck, fight
He told his family he would flee police because he refused to go back to prison
MELBOURNE, Fla. — A 34-year-old Melbourne man is facing charges after a Sunday evening fight and chase along Eau Gallie Boulevard and Sarno Road.
About 8:20 p.m., Melbourne police officers got a call reporting a fight between a father and son at a home in the 1600 block of Sarno Road. According to Sgt. Brian Hart, Michael A. Wease cut his father with a knife and then fled the home after he "forcibly" stole his grandmother's 2010 Ford Focus.
Police used "stop sticks" to deflate one of the vehicle's tires at Wickham Road and the car eventually crashed into a utility pole near the home where the incident began, officials said.
Recommended for you
'Take care of your cops': 2 career lawmen talk the benefits of building a relationship with the media
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert