Police release thermal imaging video of bombing suspect’s capture
The three-minute long video shows Tsarnaev hiding under a plastic cover in a boat in at a residence in Watertown
By Marc Santora and Willian K. Rashbaum
The New York Times Blogs
BOSTON — The Massachusetts State Police released new video showing the final moments of Friday night's standoff with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, before he was taken into custody.
The three-minute long video, which shows images captured with thermal imaging technology, shows Mr. Tsarnaev hiding under a plastic cover in a boat in at a residence in Watertown, Mass., and, later, a robotic arm attached to a vehicle being used to pull the tarp back.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
'Take care of your cops': 2 career lawmen talk the benefits of building a relationship with the media
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend