Video: Man charges Seattle police with knife, gets shot
The man survived the shooting and pleaded guilty to assault
By PoliceOne Staff
SEATTLE — KOMO News obtained dash cam video of a June confrontation between Seattle police and a knife-wielding man with a history of mental illness.
According to court records, a man called 911 several times to report a person outside his home with a large kitchen knife – who police later discovered was the same person, reporting himself.
Video shows the man, who has not been identified due to his mental illness, running toward police with a knife. Once he’s off camera, an officer fires one shot at the man.
According to the report, the man pleaded guilty this week to assault.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help