Video: Man charges Seattle police with knife, gets shot
The man survived the shooting and pleaded guilty to assault
By PoliceOne Staff
SEATTLE — KOMO News obtained dash cam video of a June confrontation between Seattle police and a knife-wielding man with a history of mental illness.
According to court records, a man called 911 several times to report a person outside his home with a large kitchen knife – who police later discovered was the same person, reporting himself.
Video shows the man, who has not been identified due to his mental illness, running toward police with a knife. Once he’s off camera, an officer fires one shot at the man.
According to the report, the man pleaded guilty this week to assault.
Recommended for you
'Take care of your cops': 2 career lawmen talk the benefits of building a relationship with the media
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert