Video: Pursuit of drunk driver ends in disastrous crash
The suspect's vehicle went airborne, hitting one cruiser and injuring two pursuing officers
By PoliceOne Staff
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police arrested a man Tuesday for driving drunk and eluding police at speeds of up to 109 mph.
Milwaukee County sheriff’s deputies say Kevin Hutchins, 40, was spotted around 3 a.m. driving in the wrong direction and refused to pull over for police.
The pursuit ended when Hutchins crashed into yellow barrels and the median wall shortly after getting on the highway, according to Fox6Now.
Hutchins’ vehicle went airborne and collided with an officer’s squad, striking the front window and injuring the officer.
A second officer was injured after crashing his cruiser as he tried avoiding debris, according to the report.
Hutchins was belligerent and verbally abusive towards the officers during his arrest, and assaulted a nurse after arriving at the hospital.
He was booked on charges of reckless driving, fleeing from an officer, battery to an emergency medical care provider, resisting and obstructing. If convicted of all charges, Hutchins faces up to 32 years and nine months in prison.
See dash-cam footage from a second point-of-view below
Recommended for you
'Take care of your cops': 2 career lawmen talk the benefits of building a relationship with the media
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend