Video: Texas body cams show police in action
The department used seized money to purchase another 150 body cameras for their officers
By Eric King
FORT WORTH, Texas — The Fort Worth Police Department in August ordered 145 additional AXON Flex cameras to complement the 50 it was already using.
When the department ordered the additional cameras in August, Chief Jeffrey Halstead said the cameras allow the public to see controversial incidents from the officer’s perspective.
"Every chief of police has a particular use-of-force incident that strained the public's trust and damaged their professional reputation," he said then. "This technology has the ability to document exactly what occurred, what was said, and has proven to clearly demonstrate the incident for the community."
Full Story: Watch Fort Worth Police's Body Cameras in Action
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer