Video: Texas body cams show police in action
The department used seized money to purchase another 150 body cameras for their officers
By Eric King
FORT WORTH, Texas — The Fort Worth Police Department in August ordered 145 additional AXON Flex cameras to complement the 50 it was already using.
When the department ordered the additional cameras in August, Chief Jeffrey Halstead said the cameras allow the public to see controversial incidents from the officer’s perspective.
"Every chief of police has a particular use-of-force incident that strained the public's trust and damaged their professional reputation," he said then. "This technology has the ability to document exactly what occurred, what was said, and has proven to clearly demonstrate the incident for the community."
Full Story: Watch Fort Worth Police's Body Cameras in Action
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
'Take care of your cops': 2 career lawmen talk the benefits of building a relationship with the media
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert