Tenn. prisoner escapes from police car through window
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. A prisoner left in a police officer's car escaped through an open window this morning and is believed to be on the loose in downtown Knoxville.
The officer left Daniels handcuffed in the back seat while he went inside the city courthouse to get a warrant signed.
Police believe Daniels slipped his handcuffed hands in front of him and escaped through an open window in the car.
Police said Daniels has no history of violence.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police