Combative suspect dies in custody of Va. police
The Richmond Times-Dispatch
PROVIDENCE FORGE, VA — A Maryland man who was pepper-sprayed and shocked with a Taser by police died Saturday after collapsing in a holding cell at the New Kent County Sheriff’s Office, Virginia State Police said yesterday.
State police identified the man as Yvelt Occean, 31, of Silver Spring, Md., who was stopped at 7:30 p.m. after he was seen walking and waving at traffic along westbound Interstate 64 near mile marker 217 in the vicinity of Providence Forge.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Combative suspect dies in custody of Va. police
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend