Mich. sheriff's deputy hit man while driving transport van, kept going
By Gabrielle Russon
KALAMAZOO, Mich. — A Kalamazoo County sheriff's deputy struck a man on the side of a highway and kept going while driving a van transporting inmates in August, according to a report released this week.
The deputy, John Charon, was not charged with a crime because he did not know he had hit someone, said Calhoun County Prosecutor John Hallacy, who reviewed the case.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend