Fla. corrections officer takes down inmate with gun
By Henry Pierson Curtis
KISSIMMEE, Fla. — How an Osceola County Jail inmate obtained a loaded handgun remained unanswered Tuesday as sheriff's officials investigated an attempted jail break Monday evening.
Such incidents are apparently so rare that the National Institute of Corrections and other national organizations serving the jail and prison systems do not track them.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help