Philly police arrest 22 in annual V-Day warrant sweep
In their 16th annual predawn Valentine's Day warrant sweep, more than 50 cops searched for 300 fugitives
By Dana DiFilippo
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — No sweet love and kisses here. Cops woke up 22 fugitives Thursday morning with hand shackles and a ride to jail.
In their 16th annual, predawn Valentine's Day warrant sweep, more than 50 cops fanned out across Philadelphia and its surrounding counties in search of about 300 fugitives wanted on warrants for offenses big and small. They caught 22 of them in the five-hour sweep and hauled them in to Family Court for processing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court