Deputies cleared after Fla. SWAT shooting
By MICHAEL A. SCARCELLA
Copyright 2006 Sarasota Herald-Tribune Co.
All Rights Reserved
BRADENTON- Tulani Cooper lay on a bedroom floor as heavily armored sheriff's deputies barged through the front door.
He said he saw officers rushing in with "big, long guns" in the late July raid, and, according to reports, he fired a shot, striking a sheriff's lieutenant in his hand.
Suddenly two deputy sheriffs unloaded 10 rounds, and an unarmed man in the bedroom took a bullet to his leg.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Deputies cleared after Fla. SWAT shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police