'Hostage' helped plan ambush on Wash. SWAT
VANCOUVER, Wash. — Shane Edward Runyon, who appeared to be a hostage during a standoff with police last July, was arrested today on four counts of first-degree attempted murder, accused of intentionally creating an ambush situation.
Vancouver police arrested Runyon, 33, shortly before noon at 10618 N.E. Seventh St., in the Cascade Park area, and booked him into the Clark County Jail, according to a news release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 'Hostage' helped plan ambush on Wash. SWAT
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court