Lawyer: 'Poor training' led to officer's injury
Carlton Marshall was paralyzed in a raid shooting
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — The lawyer for a woman accused of paralyzing a Dallas police lieutenant suggested today that the officer, Carlton Marshall, wound up getting shot because the SWAT team he supervised was poorly trained.
Marisela Villa's attorney, Paul Johnson, also raised questions about how quickly SWAT team members identified themselves as police during the 2007 drug raid in which Marshall was shot.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Lawyer: 'Poor training' led to officer's injury
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds