Child OK as SWAT team ends Calif. hostage drama
Suspect was shot and killed after three-day standoff
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Sacramento deputies say a toddler escaped injury when a SWAT team stormed an apartment where he had been allegedly held hostage for three days.
Anthony Alvarez, 26, was shot and killed Friday night in the rescue operation by Sacramento County sheriff's deputies who blew two holes in the wall of the apartment that had been the scene of a tense standoff that began Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Child OK as SWAT team ends Calif. hostage drama
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help