Gunman opens fire at Univ. of Texas library, kills self
SWAT officers put the campus on lockdown
By PoliceOne Staff
AUSTIN, Texas — A man wielding an AK-47 opened fire in the campus library at the University of Texas Tuesday morning. He then turned the gun on himself and committed suicide.
No one else in the library was injured, according to CNN.
Local police and SWAT officers put the campus on lockdown and surrounded the building, searching for a possible second shooter as well as explosives.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform