Woman brings gun into Charlotte TV station
The station was evacuated and went off the air after a woman with a gun entered the lobby
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The general manager of a Charlotte TV station that was evacuated and went off the air after a woman with a gun was in the lobby says no hostages were taken and no one was injured.
Joe Pomilla said after Charlotte ABC affiliate WSOC-TV went back on the air Tuesday that a security guard approached the woman and she pulled a gun and put it to her head. He says the guard got out and someone called police.
He says the building was locked down and employees told to leave.
Pomilla says the woman was distraught over something but not angry with the station. He says she felt it was a place she could speak her mind.
The woman was later taken into police custody. Her identity was not immediately available.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman