SWAT standoff leads to $3 million heroin bust
A man and woman were arrested at the end of the two-hour standoff
By Jesse B. Gill
San Bernardino County Sun
SAN BERNARDINO — Police discovered about $3 million in black tar heroin Monday after a man and woman were arrested at the end of a two-hour standoff with a SWAT team, police say.
Now authorities are trying to determine if the two - Frank Javier Cardona, 33, of San Bernardino and Dulce Judith Valdez, 30, of Tijuana, have ties to any Mexican drug cartels, said Lt. Gwen Waters.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: SWAT standoff leads to $3 million heroin bust
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court