Colo. grandmother sues over flash-bang grenade raid
Sheriff's spokeswoman: SWAT force acted on info gathered during investigation
By Lance Benzel
The Colorado Springs Gazette
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — A Colorado Springs grandmother who suffered a heart attack when drug agents stormed into her home in 2009 has filed suit claiming the officers' tactics were "extreme, unreasonable and outrageous."
Rose Ann Santistevan, 71, is suing for medical expenses and noneconomic losses such as pain and suffering.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman