Colo. grandmother sues over flash-bang grenade raid
Sheriff's spokeswoman: SWAT force acted on info gathered during investigation
By Lance Benzel
The Colorado Springs Gazette
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — A Colorado Springs grandmother who suffered a heart attack when drug agents stormed into her home in 2009 has filed suit claiming the officers' tactics were "extreme, unreasonable and outrageous."
Rose Ann Santistevan, 71, is suing for medical expenses and noneconomic losses such as pain and suffering.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests