Suspect Held on Attempted Murder Charges in SWAT Officer Shooting
Steven P. Walker, 36, was in police custody at Denver Health Medical Center. He also faces one count of first-degree assault and two counts of third-degree assault, Thornton police officer Matt Barnes said.
Walker is accused of shooting a SWAT officer through the wall of his house on Sunday. Police said Walker refused to surrender after officers arrived late Saturday to investigate reports of a disturbance.
The SWAT officer was wearing a bulletproof vest and suffered minor injuries. Walker was shot several times in his extremities and was listed in serious condition Monday.
Police said Walker made several threats to officers before firing his weapon.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house